- Describe evidence of current research and outcomes in mental health treatment of individuals, families, and groups across the lifespan.
- Generate health care policy recommendations, which support transformative, comprehensive quality of
care for individuals in need of mental health services.
- Discuss innovative initiatives and strategies for increasing the knowledge and skills of educators,
practitioners, and graduate students in psychiatric-mental health nursing.
- Describe cutting-edge initiatives that address issues of culture, ethics, and integration of care in
education, practice, and nursing research.
- Utilize the conference forum as a method to promote discussion, planning and problem-solving of key
issues affecting psychiatric/mental health nursing, healthcare policy, advocacy, global health, international collaboration, and mental health initiatives across the lifespan.
- Provide opportunities for professional development, networking, mentoring, and collaboration between
domestic and international partners.
- Explore strategies to deal with mental health issues facing military troops and personnel.
2013 Psychopharmacology Institute and Annual Conference Program Brochure
Download the brochure here (PDF)
Nursing Contact Hours
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Wisconsin Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- Up to 11.5 nursing contact hours will be awarded for successful completion of the Psychopharmacology Institute.
- Up to 16.14 nursing contact hours will be awarded for successful completion of the ISPN Annual Conference.
2013 Registration Form
Online registration is closed and on-site registration will be opening Tuesday, April 16 at 11:30 AM.
• Poster Guidelines (PDF)
• Audio/Visual Speaker Guidelines (PDF)
Presentation materials must be received by the ISPN no later than February 15, 2013.
CEU Forms to complete (2):
• Biographical Data/Conflict of Interest Form (Word .doc)
• Educational Planning Table Form (Word .doc)
Presentation Sale Form (Word .doc)
This form must be received by January 11, 2013.
Hotel reservations are available at the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa for $179 per night. Please
click on the link to secure your hotel reservation. The conference rate will be effective until March 20, 2013.
From/To the San Antonio International Airport
Go Airport Shuttle Service
• Website: http://saairportshuttle.hudsonltd.net/res?USERIDENTRY=ISPN&LOGON=GO
• Phone Number: 1+ 210-281-9900 (Please identify yourself as part of the ISPN Annual Conference
for the discounted rate)
• Ticket Pricing: $45 round trip (discounted rate, only applies if reservations are made at least 24
hours in advance)
• Reservations: To receive the discounted rate, please make reservations at least 24 hours in
advance. Utilize website listed, or call the number above to make your reservation today!
• Location: Check into Go Airport Shuttle Service kiosk located near the baggage claim area.
• Timing: Shuttle departs every 20-25 minutes and takes guests directly to the hotel. It is a 20-25
• Return Trip: Please give 24 hours notice when booking your return trip from the hotel to the airport.
Taxis average around $50 one-way. Coordinate with friends to take a cab and split the cost. Look for signage at the airport directing you to the taxi area.
Compare rates and book a rental car for transportation out to the Resort as well as into downtown San Antonio and the Riverwalk for the evening. Compare pricing at www.kayak.com.
(Downloadable Handouts are provided online for conference attendees. Separate UserIDs and passwords are required for the Psychopharmacology Institute and the Annual Conference. If you do not yet have your UserID and password, please
contact (866) 330-7227 or E-mail: email@example.com )
Plan your visit to San Antonio!
Take advantage of your time in San Antonio! Check out the many places to go, things to see and the best places to eat here on the Visit San Antonio Guide http://www.visitsanantonio.com/ispn2013/index.aspx
Exhibitor and Sponsor Information
ISPN welcomes vendors to consider exhibiting at and/or sponsoring the 2013 Annual Conference. Please see the Exhibitor Contract and Sponsorship Opportunities for more information.
Online Abstract Submission is closed.